14 December 2017

Apparently, the first three allegations...

...are deductible...
“I have accepted that I can and should get dirt on my sleeves if it means witnessing the birth of a new consciousness about women. “What I will not accept is responsibility for what I have not done. I have conducted my life with a message of peace and love."

"Although I have been candid about how I have lived in books and interviews detailing my flaws, I will relentlessly fight against any untruthful character assassination that paints me as a man of violence."
So says the celebrated forefather of hiphop... a movement known for it's over the top respect & reverence for womankind. [/sarc]

Remember, membership has its privileges...
In 2014, Claremont Lincoln University awarded Russell Simmons an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Humane Letters for his work as chairman of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding and for promoting mindfulness, compassion and interreligious collaboration in the public sphere.

Simmons's net worth was estimated at $340 million in 2011.
**********

RELATED: Meanwhile, over at PBS...
“PBS engaged an outside law firm to conduct an investigation immediately after learning of troubling allegations regarding Mr. Smiley. This investigation included interviews with witnesses as well as with Mr. Smiley.
**********

UPDATE: The Force Awakens
In the essay, titled “Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too,” Hayek recounted how Weinstein asked to take a shower with her, asked to watch her shower, asked for a massage from the actress, and asked to perform oral sex on her, among many, many other things.
The monster responds... sort of...
"Mr. Weinstein does not recall pressuring Salma to do a gratuitous sex scene with a female costar and he was not there for the filming."