27 December 2016

Ancient culture, my ass

They want my tourist dollars, maybe China could do something about horkin' loogies all over the place too...
"The plan also promised a "toilet revolution", prompted by wide-spread complaints about toilet hygiene levels at China's tourist spots and said the country would aim to build or renovate as many as 100,000 public toilets over the period."
Back when I lived in the devil's armpit, (Toronto) I was sitting on a bench in a subway station and an oriental?, asian? male... (whatever the pc term is these days)... spat up a sizable nose oyster onto the floor right in front of us.

When I looked over at this guy in disgust & disbelief, his response was to put his foot on the green lump and wipe it around in a circle. Had I not been carrying my infant son at the time, I suspect this would have been a very different interaction.

**********

RELATED:
In other "cultural" news
In 1974, Patricia Hearst, kidnap victim-cum-SLA revolutionary, posed next to the banner of her alleged captors, a seven-headed cobra. Each snake head stood for one of the SLA's revolutionary principles: Umoja, Kujichagulia, Ujima, Ujamaa, Nia, Kuumba and Imani -- the exact same seven "principles" of Kwanzaa.