25 August 2008

The View from Here

Joe Biden - Democrat
"Ladies and gentlemen, your kitchen table is like mine. You sit there at night...after you put the kids to bed and you talk, you talk about what you need. You talk about how much you are worried about being able to pay the bills. Well, ladies and gentlemen, that's not a worry John McCain has to worry about. It's a pretty hard experience.

"He'll have to figure out which of the seven kitchen tables to sit at!"
John McCain - Republican
"I spent 22 years in the Navy. My grandfather was in the Navy. We in the military service tend to move a lot. We have to live in all parts of the country, all parts of the world. I wish I could have had the luxury, like you, of growing up and living and spending my entire life in a nice place like the first district of Arizona, but I was doing other things."

"As a matter of fact, when I think about it now, the place I lived longest in my life was Hanoi."
*