27 May 2008

Trust me... I'm from the government

I'm here to save you... and I won't raise your taxes either.
-- TORONTO -- A drunk driver who killed four people and was banned from driving for life managed to get his licence back in an apparent bureaucratic foul-up, the Ontario government said Tuesday.

He had been given a seven-year sentence and a lifetime driving ban in 1999 after pleading guilty to causing a crash while driving drunk in a stolen vehicle. Four people were killed in the crash and two others were injured.

Mr. Scott was released on parole in 2004 and promptly reapplied for, and was granted, a new driving permit.
So... a la Maxime Bernier... will Premier McSlippery's Minister of Transportation, or Minister of Corrections be tendering his resignation?

**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
Now this is totally unconfirmed, but I heard his request for vanity plates reading "kild4adem" was promptly rejected by the ministry.

Good job guys.
**********

WELCOME READERS OF DUMBSTICK STOOGELEFT

Stooge takes exception to my crack about the over-hyped Bernier tempest.

Well, at least... this time... Stoogie's not trying to stir up sympathy for a rapist.

*