18 February 2008

Will and Grace notwithstanding...

Nobody seems to be having a gay old time.
-- BRITISH COLUMBIA -- An Abbotsford Anglican congregation on Sunday became the second local congregation in a week to split from the diocese of Vancouver-area Bishop Michael Ingham in a nation-wide pattern reflecting fundamental rifts in the church.

About a dozen Canadian Anglican congregations are poised to hold similar votes, including two more in Vancouver, while two Ottawa churches voted to leave their diocese over the last week.
**********

FROM THE COMMENTS:
"Come to think of it, that pretty much explains why I stopped going. I could get as much out of staying home on a Sunday morning and reading the Toronto Star editoral page as I could out of going to church."

"Only, with the former, I could sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, and yell my objections out loud."
*