03 November 2006

A Useful Engine

When my son was two years old he was totally enthralled by Thomas the Tank Engine. And there was no higher calling in the Land of Sodor, than to be a useful engine.

That's what came to mind when I read about the crowd of Palestinian women who answered a call from Hamas, to function as human shields for terrorists trapped by the IDF.

Apparently, I'm not the only person who is less than sympathetic here.
If the unarmed Burqa Babes don’t have a problem with being used as shields by the armed Hamas killers cowering behind them, I don’t have a problem with calling in the IDF & giving the order to shoot to kill.
Perhaps Palestinian womanhood is developing a rudimentary feminist manifesto. No longer will they be content just to gestate and deliver future suicide bombers... they will commit suicide themselves in defence of the jihadis.

Still... doesn't sound like much of a deal to me.

Technorati Tags: , ,