01 November 2006

Here's what I'm talkin' about

It should be fairly obvious to anyone who has read any of my stuff, that I think North America in general and Canada in particular, possess a much more enlightened outlook and society than most places in the world. I sincerely believe that our intervention in Afghanistan will continue to make a significant and lasting difference in the lives, the women particularly, of the Afghani populace.

Now the article below, from the Globe & Mail, is the sort of thing that makes me want to just slap all those unthinking, multi-cult sheeple who refuse to take off their everyone-is-beautiful, politically correct rose-coloured glasses. If you can read this and not be absolutely horrified, I'd say you must be more reptile than homo sapiens.
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — An Ethiopian immigrant was convicted Wednesday of the genital mutilation of his 2-year-old daughter and was sentenced to 10 years in prison in what was believed to be the first such criminal case in the United States.

Khalid Adem, 30, was found guilty of aggravated battery and cruelty to children. Prosecutors said he used scissors to remove his daughter's clitoris in his family's Atlanta-area apartment in 2001. The child's mother, Fortunate Adem, said she did not discover it until more than a year later.
So to Taliban Jack and all the loony-left sympathisers out there, who are actively agitating for the 'guys on the other side' in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq and yes, Ethiopia... I'd suggest a little more thought about what kind of society you are wishing on the rest of the world.

And read the rest of the Globe & Mail article I've linked to here. I can't stand to post any more here tonight, it just turns my stomach.

Technorati Tags: , ,